Jewellery Photo Studio is a jewellery focussed photo retouching studio based in London. Having been started by a former jewellery designer, the studio understands jewellers' photographic needs and is expert in the field of composition and retouching. This combination of skills helps them to communicate the value of a jeweller's work to their customers and ultimately increase online and offline sales.
One of the services they specialise in is something called image product variance, where the colour of the metals or stones in a piece can be digitally changed. This means that a jeweller can make one ring in, for example, white gold and sapphire and recreate several images from this depicting a ring with other metal and stone combinations (you could make just one piece but market 10 variations!) The studio recently did a few images for one GoJD member and changed jewellery made from silver to look as if it had been made from rose gold!
In a brand new competition from the Guild the theme will be COLOUR and the entrant with the most innovative use of coloured gemstones in a piece of jewellery will win a 10 Product Variance Pack from the Jewellery Photo Studio. The winner will have 12 months to use all 10 images.
It can be any type of jewellery and in any medium as long as it has been designed and made by yourself and contains at least one coloured gemstone. This competition is open to all GoJD members.
If you would like to enter this competition with a piece that you’ve designed and made yourself, simply post an image of it on the GoJD Forum thread, Jewellery Photo Studio Instagram Page, GoJD Google+ page, TGoJD Twitter Page or GoJD Facebook page, leaving a brief description if you wish.
The closing date for this competition will be 18 December 2015. The winning entry will be chosen by a panel of judges including Alan Hadley and Jayne Coulson from the GoJD and Kasia Piechocka from Jewellery Photo Studio and the winner will be notified by email.
To post your entry on the Jewellery Photo Studio Instagram Page:
• Login to your Instagram account
• Post your image and mention of @jewellery_photo_studio and hashtag #jewelleryphotostudiocompetition plus your name and a brief description if you wish.
To post your entry on the GoJD forum:
• login to the GoJD website
• follow the link to the forum for the thread entitled ‘Jewellery Photo Studio Competition’
• in the reply section, choose the overhead icon for ‘insert image’ and follow the instructions to post your entry
To post your entry on the GoJD Google+ page:
• Login to your personal Google+ account
• Add The Guild of Jewellery Designers to your circles
• On your Google+ page, click the ‘add photos’ icon in the top post window and follow the instructions to upload an image of your entry
• Include a short description, being sure to use the tag #jewelleryphotostudiocompetition (this part is important!)
• Underneath the image (signposted ‘+Add names circles or email addresses’) be sure to include The Guild of Jewellery Designers
To post your entry on TGoJD Twitter page:
• Login to your Twitter account
• Write a tweet consisting of @tgojd @Kasia_JPS #jewelleryphotostudiocompetition plus your name and a brief description if you wish
To post your entry on the GoJD Facebook page:
• Login to your personal Facebook account
• Visit the GoJD Facebook page and click the 'photo contest' link at the top of the horizontal menu
• Follow the instructions to upload your image and enter your name and description
Let us know if you experience any difficulties – we’re always here to help.
We look forward to seeing your designs – Good Luck!
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to members of the Guild of Jewellery Designers; membership details are here.
- Only one entry per person, although you are able to post the same entry on all four platforms
- There is no cash alternative to the offered prize
- Jewellery Photo Studio will be giving away a prize of a 10 Image Product Variance pack to the winner of this competition. The winner will have 12 months to use all 10 images.
- No payment is required to enter or participate in the competition
- The closing date is 18 December 2015.
- The winner will be decided by a panel of judges including Alan Hadley and Jayne Coulson from the GoJD and Kasia Piechocka from the Jewellery Photo Studio
- The judge’s decision will be final
- The winner of the 10 Image Product Variance pack will be notified by email.